The Vancouver International Wine Festival will be accepting proposals from Wine Organizations for Regional Tasting Stations to be located in the festival’s main Tasting Room. The purpose of these stations is to provide attendees to the festival an opportunity to learn more about wines from a regional prospective.
Tasting Room Location and Hours of Operation:
The 2015 festival takes place in the Vancouver Convention Centre's West Building Ballrooms on Level 1.
The International Festival Tasting Room will be open the following days and times:
· Thursday, Feb 26 1:30 pm– 5:00 pm (Buyers/Trade) and 7:00 – 10:00 pm (Consumer)
· Friday, February 27 1:30 pm– 5:00 pm (Buyers/Trade) and 7:00 – 10:00 pm (Consumer)
· Saturday, February 28 3:00 pm-5:00 pm (Consumer/Trade) 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm (Consumer)
Proposals for the 2015 VIWF open July 10, 2014.
Short written proposals outlining your concept can be submitted by email to Operations Director, Trish Metcalfe. The final deadline for submissions is Thursday, July 31, 2014. The deadline for wine submissions is Friday, September 12, 2014 - see further details below. Proposals will be evaluated by the Winery Selection Committee. You will be notified of your selection by the end of September 2014.
Proposals will be evaluated and recommended by the Winery Selection Committee based on the following criteria:
- Quality and mix of wines to be poured (evaluated after September 12, 2014)
- Attendance by senior management from the Wine Organization
- Wine themes to be explored
- Strength of educational opportunities for consumer and trade
- Creative and exciting decor
Wines proposed for Regional Tasting Stations should be submitted to Administrative Director, Visnja Vukelich, no later than Thursday, September 12, 2014. These wines are to be arranged by the wine organization directly with wine agents (not the Festival) and can include;
- Wines from participating wineries in the 2015 festival, and/or
- May include additional wines from wineries not featured in the Tasting Room only if it is determined that the overall messaging and concept of the "station" would be compromised otherwise. These wines must be sourced from wineries represented by participating agencies in the 2015 festival.
- 8 x 9L cases is the minimum and 12 x 9L cases is the maximum.
Exhibit spaces are 10’ x 10’ and include: black pipe and drape behind the table; one 6’ table; sign; spittoon; water pitcher; bus pan; ice; and one standard electrical outlet. Please note your exhibit space must be fully staffed by your organization. The festival will provide volunteers for emptying spittoons, fill water pitchers and provide ice in bus pans, but not to staff your station. Food and/or audio-visual requirements are not included in the fee, but can be arranged by the festival. You will be notified of your exact location by January 2015.
1. One exhibitors pass to all five sessions in the Tasting Room
2. ¼ page colour advertisement in the Tasting Rooml Program
3. Acknowledgement of Regional Tasting Stations in the Festival Brochure
4. Link to Wine Organizations URL on Festival web site
5. Workers passes for staff operating the exhibit space (max 2 per session)
6. Exhibit space as outlined above
For Further Information please contact Trish Metcalfe via email or phone, 604.727.1861.